- The hunting season in Tanzania starts July 1 and ends December 31.
- No shooting from vehicle or chasing animals with car.
- No hunting of female, young or immature animal is allowed.
- Hunting is only to be conducted in the daylight hours.
- The Tanzanian Wildlife Department allows the following game to be hunted only on a 21-day license (Premium package): Elephant; Lion; Leopard: Oryx; Greater Kudu; Lesser Kudu; Sitatunga; Gerenuk; Sable; Roan.
- The minimum legal length for Leopard is 130 cm (51.2 inches) from tip of nose to base of tail
- The minimum legal for Elephant is 160 cm length (63 inches) of tusk or 20 kg weight (44.09 pounds).
- The legal minimum legal age for Lion is 6 years old.
- Minimum caliber for dangerous game is .375 (93mm). Hunting with handgun, automatic and semi-automatic weapons is strictly forbidden.
- A maximum of 3 Rifles and 1 shotgun per hunter and 100 rounds per rifle can be imported.
- A deposit of 50% of the safari rate is required to confirm your booking.
- Full payment for your safari, together with the relevant Trophy Fees Deposit, must be received 90 days prior to the commencement of your safari.
- With any cancellation occurring prior to 90 days of the start of the safari, the deposit will be re-funded only if the safari is re-sold and a 20% administration fee will be deducted.
- Any cancellation occurring90 days or less from the start of the safari no refund will be granted save for any Trophy Fee Deposit payment made. It is highly recommended to get Trip Cancellation Insurance to cover yourself from any unexpected cancelation
- Force Majeure, (meaning acts of God, explosion, floods, tempest, fire or accident, war, threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, government intervention, weather conditions or other untoward occurrences). Any Government decision in regards to Michel Mantheakis Safaris Ltd is considered Force Majeure in this context. In the event of Force Majeure, the company is entitled to vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement. Although all endeavors shall be made to reimburse you, refunds are solely to the discretion of the company.
- Trophies will only be shipped after full trophy payment has been received.
- Trophy Fees are applicable to ALL Game shot, including those wounded and lost Game.
- Upon the end of your safari, the final invoice reflecting all additional charges (or refunds) will be handed to you or will be send to you by email as soon as possible.
- All payments are payable in cash, or wire transfer. Personal checks will not be accepted without prior arrangement
We strongly recommend that you obtain the following types of insurance:
- Accidental Death and Disability
- Loss or theft of personal effects.
- Emergency Evacuation.
- Medical – Make sure it covers you in Africa.
- Trip Cancellation. Please purchase this policy immediately after booking your hunt to safeguard yourself.
Please understand it is your responsibility to make sure all the above mentioned policies are up to date and you are fully insured before you travel.
It is important to understand that hunting is a sport that involves inherent risks; big game hunting can be dangerous, and in rare cases result in injury or even fatal. Although every possible care is taken to safeguard you and your property, Michel Mantheakis Safaris Ltd accepts no responsibility for any accidents, injury, illness or fatality nor loss or damage of client's property incurred during or arising while on safari. The company accepts no responsibility for any changes in Government fees or policies. We will however, endeavor to notify you as soon as possible, should this occur. No guarantees are made for any animal not obtained during the hunt as our PH's adhere to the principals pertaining to Fair Chase and ethical hunting and regulations as stipulated in the Wildlife Conservation Act of Tanzania.
- MMS_brochure-season2019-WEB.pdfDownload our latest brochure here.6 MB
- CF_COVID_Fund_donation_Form__MMS_2020.pdfConservation Force COVID Fund Donation Form280 KB
- part_1__application_for_transit_through_the_Netherlands_with_guns.pdfApplication for a transit permit through the Netherlands part 1162 KB
- part_2__application_for_transit_through_the_Netherlands_with_guns_.pdfApplication for a transit permit through the Netherlands part 293 KB
- APPLICATION_FOR_USFWS-CITES_PERMIT.pdfApplication form for USFWS CITES permit209 KB